Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween 2008


This has to be the luckiest Halloween ever for the Fosters. We won so many contest this year. Here is a picture of Cedar and Aspen at the Trunk or Treat that we entered this year and won. I have to give the credit to Michael. I just decorated with limited time and budget. Michael had the idea of making a haunted trunk. We had a strobe light that looked really cool once the sun went down. Michael wore a mask and scary hand and each time you went for the candy dish he grabbed you. He said that there were some women that would not even come in. There were some really cool trunks out there and a lot of money spent. We showed that if you use a little imagination you can still make something great.


Cedar also entered a pumpkin coloring contest at the Library and took first for the most creative. She used buttons and feathers. She won a Crayola coloring case. At the same library Michael guessed almost exactly how many M&M's were in the container and won the container with the candy.

If you do not know this, Cedar has the same teacher this year for 1st as she did for Kindergarten. Ms. Irene moved up to 1st and we were lucky enough to have her again. Last year we won the Halloween door decorating contest together. The theme was spiders. I came up with these paper bag spiders to make. Ms. Irene came up with this line that said "Say Boo to Drugs" because it was anti-drug week as well. This year the theme was Ghosts have spirit, so do we. Our school colors are red and white. I had the idea to make ghosts out of plastic bags and with the things that Ms. Irene had bought I thought up a cheer theme with pom poms and mega phones. I called a fellow class parent, Regina, and asked her if she had any ideas for a tag line. She came up with We've got spirit, How about BOO!! So to make a short story long we won again this year. The kids had so much fun and they got a pin to wear on their lanyards.


Cedar carved her first pumpkin this year and she was so proud of it. She just drew a face on paper and Michael transferred it to the pumpkin. Cedar cut it with one of those pumpkin cutters. I think Michael had to save the pumpkin a couple times. And of course I had to send a message with my pumpkin. RECYCLE

We hope you all had a great Halloween.

No comments: